Title insurance is a super important part of buying a home and/or getting a mortgage. When you buy a home, you always want to get an owners title policy to protect yourself from unexpected claims (unknown liens, loans, heirs, etc.) against the property in the future. Mortgage lenders will always insist on a lenders title policy as part of the loan process to protect their interest in the property as well.
About MeMark Fitzpatrick
Thanks for visiting Mortgages by Mark!
I've been in the mortgage banking industry for nearly seven years and my goal with this website is to help consumers make educated mortgage financing decisions.
If you'd like to find out more about me, please visit my About page.
- What is a Mortgage Prepayment Penalty?
- What is a Mortgage Balloon Payment?
- Rental Property Depreciation: How a Phantom “Loss” Can Translate Into Real Cash Flow
- The Single Biggest Mistake Many First Time Homebuyers Make When They Buy Their First Home
- Guest Post: How to Make an Offer on a House – 5 Sure-Fire Strategies
- The Urban Wasteland of Detroit in Pictures
- HCLTV: What is Home Equity Combined Loan-to-Value?
- Big Changes Ahead for HECM Reverse Mortgages
- What Are Origination Fees?
- Financing Investment Property? Make Sure You Have Reserve Funds